The Victorian Premier has announced that, with the exception of curfews, the current restrictions in place in metropolitan Melbourne will be extended to all of Victoria from Saturday, 21 August 2021 1pm until Thursday, 2 September 2021.
Regional Victoria will have until Monday 23 August 2021 11:59pm to issue Authorised Worker Permits to employees required to attend the work premises to perform authorised work.
Members are reminded that the following automotive industry businesses can continue to operate throughout Victoria as authorised providers and workers:
- Petrol stations, including a petrol station that sells groceries
- Vehicle and mechanical repair services
- Contactless ‘click and collect/deliver’ services
- Emergency repair workers
- Roadside assistance services
- Ancillary and support businesses, where necessary for the operations of an authorised provider
- Administrative services provided by an employer to enable its employees to work from home
- Truck stops and roadhouses, but not the provision of seated dining or shower facilities to persons who are not transport, freight or logistics drivers.
Member bulletin: Lockdown restrictions extended to Regional Victoria from 1pm today
Member bulletin: Further details on Authorised Work Permits released
Premier's Statement: Lockdown Across Regional Victoria To Keep Us Safe
Business Victoria: Table of Restrictions (Statewide)