VACC is in the running for 2021 Association of the Year.
Associations Forum's 2021 Association Awards recognise excellence and accomplishment by Australian associations. A large number of nominations were received this year, with associations outlining their key initiatives in the areas of governance, membership, advocacy and research in 2020/21.
The Chamber's accomplishments included the launch of employer support program, Fine Tuning Automotive Mental Health and implementing services that were as contactless, practical and helpful as possible during what continues to be a very challenging time for the industry and small business. As the COVID-19 pandemic developed, VACC’s in-house Industrial Relations and OHS & Environment teams sent 46 dedicated COVID-19 bulletins clarifying government expectations for automotive businesses and ensuring templates (such as worker permits, COVIDSafe Plans) were readily available to all members. Other developments included the VACC MotorTech subscriber number reaching 2,700 and ground-breaking legislation to mandate the provision of motor vehicle service and repair information to Australian automotive repairers passed the Senate. The move resulted from decade-long advocacy efforts driven by VACC – along with its national body, MTAA and fellow state industry bodies. Additionally, VACC’s Senior Research Analyst Steve Bletsos prepared the second edition of MTAA’s Directions in Australia’s Automotive Industry – An Industry Report.
The shortlisted finalists for the 2021 Association of the Year Award:
- Aquatics and Recreation Victoria
- Australasian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy
- Australian Airports Association
- Australian College of Nursing
- Australian Physiotherapy Association
- Australian Psychological Society
- Community Broadcasting Association of Australia
- Governance Institute of Australia
- Institute of Public Accountants
- Institute of Public Works Engineering Australasia Queensland
- Master Builders Association Victoria
- Master Builders Queensland
- Master Plumbers and Mechanical Services Association of Australia
- National Apprentice Employment Network
- Victorian Automotive Chamber of Commerce
The Association of the Year will be announced in early December 2021.