What’s made the list?
It’s that time of year again when I get out the pencil and write my wish list to Santa. So, this is what I would like for Christmas this year.
- Jobs – Everyone impacted by COVID finds new employment or gets their old jobs (and hours) back.
- Business – All businesses get back on their feet because we’d be lost without them.
- Safety – Everyone looks after their family and friends this season, especially around water.
- Government – Business and employment gets a boost because the government ditches Payroll Tax.
- Youth – Every young person has access to a decent job, because we all value training and apprenticeships.
- Roads – A fair road user system for all, whether driving an internal combustion engine or electric vehicle.
- Technology – All sectors of the auto industry get fair access to manufacturer data because vehicles are complicated these days.
- Driving – Everyone inspects their tyres, restraints, lights and brakes before heading off on holidays, or has someone do it for them.
- Fun – The Aussie cricket team rules at the MCG again.
- Dreams – Oh, and I’d like a Lamborghini Aventador, please Santa.
However, you may – or may not – celebrate this season, enjoy the break and please be careful and considerate on the road.
Words: VACC CEO, Geoff Gwilym. As featured in the Herald Sun 18 December 2020.