Update: Members are advised to rely on the most recent news stories and Bulletins only, as government advice and regulations will continue to change as the COVID-19 situation develops. The advice below was correct at the time of publication. The latest COVID-19 news is available here.
Victorian Premier, Daniel Andrews has announced increased restrictions for Melbourne and regional Victoria, in a bid to control the spread of COVID-19.
Melbourne has moved into Stage 4 restrictions, which include a curfew and tighter rules when leaving home.
From 8pm to 5am people are only allowed to leave their house for work and essential health care or safety reasons. Outside curfew hours, residents must stay home except for the following reasons:
- Purchase food and essential supplies: This must be done within a five-kilometre radius of the home. Only one person per household can leave for essential goods, and only once per day. If the nearest goods are more than five kilometres away, people may travel beyond the radius. If a resident is unable to leave home because it would mean leaving a young child/at-risk person unattended, then they may bring them
- Exercise: Once a day for up to one hour within a five-kilometre radius of the home, and gathering sizes will be limited to two. If a resident is unable to leave home because it would mean leaving a young child/at-risk person unattended, then they may bring them
- For care and health care: This includes accompanying someone for essential medical care as a carer, guardian or necessary support person. The five-kilometre limit does not apply
- Work: The five-kilometre limit does not apply.
Residents can always leave home in the case of an emergency, including to escape family violence. Additionally, allowances will be made for those visiting their partner or maintaining a formal or informal shared parenting arrangement.
Residents must continue to wear a face covering when leaving home.
From Wednesday, 5 August 11:59pm regional Victoria will return to Stage 3 restrictions. This means residents must stay home except for the following four reasons:
- Food and essential supplies
- Exercise or outdoor recreation
- Care and healthcare
- Work or study.
Residents must wear a face covering when leaving home.
No visitors are allowed in the home, and residents are only allowed to gather with one person from outside their household in public.
Not a VACC member? Join Now
For more information
Victorian State Government: Coronavirus (COVID-19) restrictions Victoria
Australian Government: COVID-19 Restriction Checker
WorkSafe Victoria: Face coverings in workplaces
VACC: Masks in the workplace FAQs