VACC members who trade as a Licensed Motor Car Traders (LMCT) should attend this very special webinar hosted by VACC and the Victorian State Revenue Office (SRO). VACC holds a very important position on the Victorian Government State Taxes Consultative Council and uses this position to help inform policy reform initiatives on behalf of VACC’s 1,600 LMCT members.
About the webinar
The webinar will cover issues LMCTs encounter daily when dealing with Motor Vehicle Duty and the obligations LMCTs have under Chapter 9 of the Duties Act 2000 (Vic).
VACC members attend for free.
VACC’s Michael McKenna will facilitate the webinar, which will feature SRO’s Evonne Ng, Principal Customer Education Consultant, and key SRO personnel who will address any technical issues. The webinar will focus on:
1. LMCT general obligations under the three key SRO Revenue Rulings (DA-022, DA-034v2 and DA-035v2) that deal with calculations of a vehicle’s dutiable value, change of use provisions and exemptions from Motor Vehicle Duty.
2. Common errors found by SRO regarding:
- LMCT’s undervaluation of vehicles
- Claiming duty exemption by LMCTs outside requirements
- Failure of LMCTs to notify the SRO regarding a vehicle’s change of use
3. Land tax:
- 2024 overview of thresholds, surcharges and exemptions
- 2025 VRLT changes
- Land tax and WGT apportionment prohibition
- Phasing out of land transfer duty for commercial/industrial properties
When: Thursday 22 February 12.30 to 1.30pm
Who should attend? VACC encourages Dealer Principals, CFO, F&I, administration and registration personnel to attend.
Register for the webinar here
There will be time at the end of the session for questions, so please forward your queries to Michael McKenna at email@example.com