Victorian acting CHO issues COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination (Workers) Directions
8 October 2021
Victoria’s Acting Chief Health Officer has issued COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination (Workers) Directions (the Directions), giving legal effect to the Victorian Premier’s statement earlier this month.
The Directions confirm that from Friday, 15 October 2021, employers must not allow anyone covered by the worker-specific categories contained in clause 9 of the Directions to work away from their home unless:
- they have received their first COVID-19 vaccination, or
- have made an appointment to receive their first COVID-19 vaccine dose by the first dose deadline of 22 October 2021, or
- an exemption or exception applies.
The worker-specific categories contained in clause 9 of the Directions are based on the Authorised Providers and Workers List and cover workers who work in connection with the categories provided. The following automotive industry businesses are covered:
- Petrol stations, including a petrol station that sells groceries – clause 9(28)(d)(vii)
- Vehicle and mechanical repair services – clause 9(27)(a)(viii)
- Retail facilities providing a ‘click and collect/deliver’ service – clause 9(28)(d)(x)
- Retail workers working in or in connection with a retail facility or a wholesale or distribution facility – clause 9(28)(e)
- Roadside assistance services – clause 9(27)(a)(vi)
- Carwashing services – clause 9(27)(a)(iii)
- Food and drink facilities – clause 9(28)(d)(iv)
- Manufacturing machinery and equipment manufacturing, including parts – clause 9(15)(a)(ix)
- Manufacturing whole or partial products – clause 9(15)(xii)
For more information, members should refer to a related VACC Bulletin. The Bulletin includes a template notification for members to provide to their workers.
VACC Bulletin: Victorian Acting Chief Health Officer issues COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination (Workers) Directions
DHHS: Directions from Acting Chief Health Officer in accordance with emergency powers arising from declared state of emergency
Victorian Government: Authorised provider and authorised worker list
Premier of Victoria statement: Vaccination Required To Protect Workers And Victoria