The Victorian Premier has announced a five-day snap lockdown throughout all of Victoria commencing from 11:59pm this evening until 11:59pm Tuesday 20 July 2021.
Identical to last month’s ‘circuit breaker’ lockdown, there will be five reasons for people to leave home:
- shopping for things that are needed (once per day)
- care and caregiving
- exercise (up to two hours per day)
- authorised work and permitted education
- to get vaccinated and other specified reasons.
The limitation on exercise and shopping will be five kilometres from home – or the closest shop (if not within the five kilometre radius).
Under the Table of Restrictions, released with the Premier’s Statement, the following automotive industry businesses can continue to operate through this lockdown in Victoria as authorised providers and workers:
- Petrol stations, including a petrol station that sells groceries
- Vehicle and mechanical repair services, including ‘log book’ servicing
- ‘Click and collect/delivery’ services
- Emergency repair workers
- Roadside assistance services
- Ancillary and support businesses, where necessary for the operations of an authorised provider
- Administrative services provided by an employer to enable its employees to work from home – e.g. payroll and IT services
- Truck stops and roadhouses, but not the provision of seated dining or shower facilities to persons who are not transport, freight or logistics drivers.
A member Bulletin has been distributed and includes further details on restrictions.
The Chamber Workplace Relations team is available to support members and answer questions they may have about their obligations.
VACC Industrial Relations
P: 03 9829 1123
P: 03 9829 1265
For more information:
Victorian Government: Statement From The Acting Premier
Victorian Government: Table of restrictions (PDF)
Victorian Government: Where to get tested
Victorian Government: COVIDSafe Plans