Mechanic - RACV Roadside Assistance Use your diagnostic skills to assist RACV Emergency Roadside Assistance Members!
- Monthly bonuses
- Opportunities to work close to home
- RACV van, fuel card & phone provided
- Motor Mechanic or Automotive Electrician
- Be the hero and make people’s day
- Independent role with great support
- Multiple positions available
About Nationwide Group – Eastern Van Services
Who we are
Eastern Van Services is a part of Nationwide Group, the largest provider of emergency roadside assistance and specialist towing and transport solutions in Australia. Over 600 Nationwide representatives provide services in Victoria, NSW, Queensland and WA.
Eastern Van Services partners with automotive clubs across the country to provide emergency roadside assistance and battery services to club members.
What we care about
We are proud to keep Australia moving. We’re here to deliver Australia’s most trusted roadside and transport solutions. We believe in:
- Innovation – seek to create a better way
- Accountability – own it, see it through
- Courage – challenge yourself and others to grow
- Teamwork – together, we achieve more.
Above all, we care about you. How do we do this? We offer flexible hours, the chance to build and expand your business, and much more. We’ve even won awards for our workplace culture, including an Investment in People award at the 2020 Australian Freight Industry Awards.
Some of the advantages of joining our team
- Assistance Program
- Friendly team environment
- Flexible shift times
- Induction & training
- Opportunities to grow your business and build your fleet.
Take charge of your career and get out of the workshop by becoming a Roadside Assistance Technician. As a contractor, you’ll have the opportunity to build your own business with ongoing training and support from our experienced team.
You’ll be providing emergency roadside assistance on behalf of the RACV in Melbourne Metro and surrounding areas. A typical day for you might include:
- Fault diagnosis
- Minor mechanical repairs
- Replacing & installing batteries
- Assisting with a lockout situation
- Changing punctured tyres
Most importantly, your job will be helping drivers get back on the road with a smile. You’ll have the opportunity to be the hero in someone’s day, meeting new people and working on vehicles of all kinds.
Skills & experience
- Exceptional customer service skills with a desire to help
- Friendly and positive attitude
- Health and safety focus
- A Motor Mechanic or Automotive Electrician trade qualification
- C Class or higher driver’s licence
- Excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Strong technical knowledge with a wide variety of vehicles
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a high performing team
- Proficient with using smart technology devices and systems
- Eligibility to work in Australia
You must also be able to work weekends and be willing to obtain and operate an ABN and ACN.
How to apply
To APPLY, please submit your resume and cover letter. If you have an enquiry, contact Keith our Operations department via firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0417 264 700 for a confidential discussion.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a police check.
Eastern Van Services is a smoke free workplace.
No recruitment agencies please.
Please note only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.