We are currrently seeking a qualified Motor Mechanic to join our team in our workshop located in Richmond with an immediate start for the successful person. At Melbourne Auto Works, we always pride ourselves on professionalism.
The ideal candidate must possess the following:
- At least 2 years’ experience as a motor mechanic
- Experience in European vehicles preferred but not essential
- Knowledge on how to use "up to date" diagnostic equipment preferred but not essential
- You must have a current manual driver’s license
- Experience is ESSENTIAL.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The job will entail a variety of duties including everything from mechanical repairs to restorations, servicing, brakes and suspension work on a wide range of makes and models.
Duties will also include the following:
- Diagnostic skills according to qualifications
- Confidence with all aspects of servicing and repairs
- Confident, engaging and compelling communications skills
- The ability to work well unsupervised if necessary
- Willingness to learn and contribute to the workplace
- Dismantling and removing engine assemblies, transmissions, steering mechanisms and other components and checking parts
- Diagnosing and testing parts with the assistance of computers
- Reassembling engines and parts after being repaired
- Performing scheduled maintained services, such as oil changes, lubrications and engine tune-ups to achieve smoother running of vehicles and ensure compliance with pollution regulations.
- RACV vehicle inspections.
Monday - Friday 7.00am - 4.30pm
Salary is $50,000 - $55,000 annually
Interested persons need to apply by email or call if you have any questions to:
Melbourne Auto Works
59 North St
Richmond Vic 3121
P: 03 9428 8644