Vision, mission and goals
A dynamic and influential employer that protects the interests of its members through automotive industry advocacy, delivery of member support services and provision of competitive automotive industry services.
VACC mission statement
'Support, inform and advocate for automotive'
VACC's goals are to:
- Be an efficient and effective employer association capable of meeting the legitimate business needs of members.
- Seek to raise its public profile in order to effectively promote members’ business interests with consumers, governments and regulators.
- Be recognised as an independent and legitimate employer organisation voicing the interests of the motor industry.
- Monitor industry trends and take appropriate actions in order to assist members respond to change.
- Continuously seek to shape the future direction of the automotive industry.
- Exploit relevant information technology and technical solutions for the benefit of the organisation and members.
- Increasingly become a provider of national services to the retail automotive industry.
- Enter into strategic alliances with diligently assessed partners that are able to assist the VACC achieve its goals.
- Develop a skilled, informed, and customer focused workforce, attuned to the needs of members and comfortable with and accepting of change
- Continue to reduce reliance on the Special Capital Fund (SCF) and recover more of our operating costs by increasingly adopting a "user pays" approach, not necessarily recouping all costs from the user/payer.